A Practical Approach to Musculoskeletal Medicine: Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment, 5th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Elaine Atkins DProf MA Cert FE FCSP, Emily Goodlad MSc MCSP, Sharon Braddock
Fully updated to reflect modern research and the latest evidence, A Practical Approach to Musculoskeletal Medicine is the only textbook based on the approach developed by Dr James Cyriax that has been recently updated to reflect modern research and the latest evidence. It covers the assessment, clinical diagnosis and conservative management of common soft tissue lesions.
The book covers the theory underpinning the principles and practice of musculoskeletal medicine, then goes on to discuss anatomy, assessment, common conditions and their management for each region, and provides resources to support the recording of assessment and to enhance safety.
This book is ideal for postgraduates undertaking courses at the Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine and is highly relevant for undergraduates, allied health professionals, advanced nurse practitioners and medical practitioners in fact all orthopaedic and musculoskeletal clinicians working in different settings as part of a multi-professional team.
- Covers theory of musculoskeletal medicine based on the model developed by Dr James Cyriax, supported by the latest evidence
- Covers pain theory, principles of assessment and management, histology and biomechanics of the soft tissues, and the healing process
- Provides resources to support the recording of assessments and to enhance safety, especially whilst learning the musculoskeletal medicine approach
- Presents review questions and case scenarios at the end of each chapter to revise key principles of the approach
- Offers online resources comprising video clips, self-assessment questions and an image bank
- Numerous illustrations and photographs support learning
- Suitable for Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine (SOMM) postgraduate courses
- Section on shared decision making and management packages of common musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain mechanisms, including psychosocial assessment and the influence of psychosocial factors on pain and associated disabilities in musculoskeletal practice
- Updates on tendinopathy, soft tissue injury management, injection therapy and differential diagnosis
- More on pharmacology, medications and indications for imaging and further investigations
- More emphasis on screening, biopsychosocial models, health comorbidities, poly-pharmacies, lifestyle risk factors, medical complexities and masqueraders of other body systems
- Muscle tables detailing movements, prime movers and assistors
- Publisher : Elsevier; 5th edition (April 6, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 550 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0702084085
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702084089