Addiction Medicine Board Review Course
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting.
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders.
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders, and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match a particular patient’s needs.
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education and American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies, LLC. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Online Course v2.1, Release Date July 16, 2015, Termination Date July 15, 2018:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 35 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Read What Your Colleagues Are Saying About This Course
“I just found out that I passed the American Board of Addiction Medicine exam, and feel that the American Physician Institute course can take the credit for this. Once again, it offered a concise, time-efficient way to study for the exam, and in the most palatable format possible! The test wasn’t too difficult after taking the course, and I feel I was overall well prepared.”
Heidi Klingbeil, MD, South Orange, NJ
“The API course was a very valuable time saving and organizing tool to review a large volume of material. In my case, I allotted less time then ideal to this review. Had I not had the API materials, I would not have been able to manage the volume. Very well organized course. I passed.”
Daniela Samoil, MD, Lake Oswego, OR
“My review course provided by American Physician Institute (API) was instrumental in helping me mount a recovery after failing an earlier board certification exam attempt. I needed a to make up a major gap in my board preparation which required several months of study and the API course helped me gauge the width and depth of the project. Presenters were very knowledgeable. Scope of the presentations was perfect. This was the most comprehensive of the four courses I used and the most beneficial. Please keep up the great work and thank your staff for their boundless support.”
Dan Stuckey, MD, Katy, TX
“The best courses out there for the board exams. Indispensable whenprepping for the boards and/or keeping up with your knowledge base.”
Thomas Henry, MD, Aiea, HI