Advanced EM Boot Camp
The Advanced EM Boot Camp Course…Taking Your Practice to the Next Level!
Building upon the foundation of the Original EM Boot Camp course in which you previously participated, you’ll experience 44 all-new, advanced topics and two optional high-intensity workshops (ECG & Imaging) with the best faculty in Emergency Medicine.
Now It’s Time to Drill Down!
Requested by prior participants, the Advanced EM Boot Camp Course focuses on the in-depth topics that will help you become a master practitioner. Take the Advanced EM Boot Camp course online or live in Las Vegas — both versions are fully CME accredited and are guaranteed to help you provide the best care for your patients.
Here’s What You’ll Receive When You Attend the Course
- Instruction by top award-winning Emergency Medicine educators/clinicians
As with the Original EM Boot Camp course, the focus has been on engaging the absolute best, most enthusiastic and experienced Emergency Medicine educators, all of whom have worked extensively in a collaborative environment.
- 44 fast-paced, upbeat & leading edge 30-minute presentations
The focus is to go beyond the basics and present a series of tightly orchestrated presentations addressing the latest developments in EM practice.
- Multiple question & answer sessions with the faculty
Receive clarification and expanded information on material presented throughout each day. Each half-day is concluded by a faculty panel involving all presenters so questions can be addressed by all of the participants in a collaborative manner.
- An ongoing emphasis on key documentation and risk management conceptss
The many traps that wind up being the source of errors and potential litigation are discussed on an ongoing basis throughout the course presentations.
- Literature support for faculty recommendations
Where appropriate, the literature support for diagnostic and therapeutic approaches will be provided to optimize the evidence-based approach of the course.
- A comprehensive printed course manual
The 475+ page printed course manual is designed for rapid review and easy retrieval of key concepts and essential information covered in the course.
- Up to 23.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the main course and 4 hours for each of the optional workshops
Both PA and NP organizations recognize AMA PRA Category 1 credit™ as approved CME. ACEP, AOA & AAFP Prescribed credit also provided.
- Eligibility to receive 50% off any self-study version of the Advanced EM Boot Camp course.
The Following Overview Provides a Focused Outline for the Presentations in the Optional Workshops and Main Course.
ECG Boot Camp Topics
(Optional Workshop – Sept. 13th)
- Interpreting the Electrocardiogram
- The Tachycardias
- The Bradycardias
- The ST Segment and T wave: Ischemia
- The ST Segment and T wave: Nonischemia
- Potentially Lethal ECGs
- Electrocardiography Review: Unknowns
- Question/Answer Session
Imaging Boot Camp Topics
(Optional Workshop – Sept. 13th)
- Interpretation of the Adult Chest X-ray
- The Adult Upper Extremity
- The Adult Lower Extremity
- The Pediatric Extremities
- The Pediatric Chest and Abdominal X-rays
- Spinal Imaging
- The Head CT
- Radiology Review: Unknowns
Advanced EM Boot Camp Topics
(Main Course – September 14th-16th)
- Mythbusting in Emergency Medicine
- State-of-the-Art Resuscitation: The Bleeding Patient
- State-of-the-Art Resuscitation: The Critically Ill Medical Patient
- Tricks of the Trade for the Master Practitioner
- Serious Causes of Common Complaints
- Avoiding Errors in Medical Decision Making
- Critical Cases You Can’t Miss (1 Session/Day)
- Cutting Edge Literature That Will Change Your Practice (1 Session/Day)
- Question/Answer Panel Session (2 Sessions/Day)
- Avoiding Errors: Understanding Medical Decision Making
- Perfect Phrases for Difficult Situations: The Toolbox
- Fried to a Crisp: Understanding and Preventing Burnout
- Optimizing the ED Patient Experience
- Best Practice: Rapid Sequence Intubation
- Best Practice: Procedural Sedation
- Effectively Using Airway Adjuncts, From Noninvasive Ventilation to Videoscopes
- Creating the Ouchless ED
- The Master Practitioner: Nerve Blocks You Need to Know
- Minimizing the Risk of Low Risk Chest Pain
- More Than ACS: Potentially Lethal Causes of Chest Pain
- The High-Risk Patient with Abdominal Pain
- The Anticoagulated Patient in the Emergency Department
- Oncologic Emergencies: When Cancer Comes to the ER
- Transfusions: Risks, Benefits and Controversies
- Best Practice: Emergency Imaging
- Medicolegal Quicksand: The System
- Medicolegal Quicksand: The Patient
- The Seizing Patient: Optimizing Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Dizzy Patient: When Is “Spinning” Life-Threatening?
- The Rapid Emergency Department Neurologic Exam
- Stroke and TIA Update
- Finding the Threats: Pelvic Pain and Vaginal Bleeding
- Fun and Interesting Reductions
- The Rapid Orthopedic Exam
- Best Practice: The Febrile Child
- Assessment and Treatment of Neonatal Emergencies
- The Acutely Withdrawing Patient
- Evidence-Based Approach to the Wheezing or Croupy Child
- When the Triage Note Says “SOB”: The Dyspneic Adult
- The Rapid Trauma Exam
- Drugs Today: What’s New in Toxicology?
- The Opioid Epidemic: Past, Present and Future