An Educator’s Guide to Humanizing Nursing Education: Grounded in Caring Science (Original PDF)
Grounded in the belief that translating caring science within teaching practices will humanize nursing education, this important book emphasizes the ways in which teachers can translate Human Caring and Caritas in order to include strategies for establishing authentic caring pedagogical relationships with their students. It aims to strengthen Human Caring as the basis for humanitarian teaching and to infuse the learning environment with caring practices for both students and teachers.
The work provides an antidote for the continuous dominant biomedical and behavioral paradigm in nursing education. It includes specific guidelines for implementing Human Caring ethics, ontology, and epistemology throughout the teaching-learning community and describes how to translate caring values and assumptions into living Caritas as the nurse teachers’ moral ideal and praxis of authentic caring pedagogical relationships. Pragmatic examples provided by administrators, teachers, and students illustrate the value of a humanitarian caring science paradigm for nursing education and caring praxis.
- Delivers an internationally renowned scholars’ perspective on teaching grounded in Human Caring
- Includes exemplars of educators’ lived teaching experiences guided by their caring pedagogical praxis
- Provides examples of students’ lived learning experiences within a caring- teaching environment
- Offers reflective practice exercises for nurse teachers to enhance their caring pedagogical relationships with students
- Provides guided caring artistic activities to promote ways of knowing, doing, being, and becoming in nursing education
- Purchase includes access to the eBook for use on most mobile devices or computers