Applied Anatomy & Physiology: an interdisciplinary approach
Applied Anatomy & Physiology: an interdisciplinary approach provides an overview of basic anatomy and physiology (A&P), and its application to clinical practice.
Written by a team of expert academics and clinicians from a range of health backgrounds, the text uses a problem-solving approach, breaking down difficult A&P concepts through case studies, multiple-choice questions, images, feature boxes and online ancillaries, with a strong focus on the concept of the ‘normal’ homeostatic process of each system.
Applied Anatomy & Physiology: an interdisciplinary approach encourages students to think critically about how the different body systems work together, providing a deeper understanding of A&P and how to apply this effectively to clinical practice.
- Written for students with minimal bioscience background
- to support you in understanding difficult concepts and processes.
- Chapters are aligned to major body systems and include an overview of system structure and function as well as integration of each system with the rest of the body.
- Case studies and related multiple-choice questions consolidate chapter content to assist you in testing your knowledge and skills.
- The strong focus on the homeostatic process of each system helps you to understand what is ‘normal’ and how ‘normal’ works.
- Full-colour illustrations from leading Elsevier texts, such as Patton’s Anatomy & Physiology, help you to visualise and understand A&P systems and processes.