- The only book that provides clinicians with a compilation of resources, in English and Spanish, ready to use in clinic
- More than 25 resources such as clinical history forms, test instructions, standardized questionnaires, self-assessment tools available in English and Spanish to help clinicians provide with language concordance during clinical encounters.
- Evidence-based ideas that can help clinicians assess, develop, implement, and monitor cultural-competent services
- A unique format that allows clinicians to visualize English resources on the left side and Spanish resources on the right-side, facilitating communication between patient and clinician
- Publisher : Plural Publishing; 1st edition (September 30, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 175 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1635506514
- ISBN-13 : 978-1635506518
- ISBN-13 : 9781635506518
By Alejandra Ullauri
As the population in the U.S. becomes more diverse, healthcare professionals have a responsibility to adapt their services to meet the needs of the diverse populations they serve. However, many providers lack access to the appropriate resources to provide high quality care to their Spanish-speaking patients. Audiology Services in Diverse Communities is a professional resource designed to decrease language barriers, improve patient-clinician interactions, and create more culturally competent hearing services.
Written by a clinician for clinicians working on daily basis with minority communities experiencing existing systemic barriers, this unique text begins with an overview of cultural competence and the barriers that exist in Audiology services. The next section provides an evidence-based, cross-cultural approach to addressing some of those barriers and generating a discussion of what professionals can do in their own clinical settings. The final, and largest, section of the text is a language tool presented in both English and Spanish to aid clinicians as they communicate and work with Spanish-speaking patients.