- Reviews the pharmacology, indications, mechanisms of action, and technique for each use of botulinum neurotoxin
- Provides detailed information on the anatomy, treatment methods, follow-up care, and possible complications for each disorder
- Includes online access to professionally produced videos in which Dr. Blitzer demonstrates injection techniques for the disorders in the book
- Contains vivid, full color illustrations and photographs that clarify information in the text
- Publisher : Thieme; 1st edition (April 12, 2012)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 248 pages
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Botulinum Neurotoxin for Head and Neck Disorders 1st Edition PDF
Learn expert injection techniques with this multimedia reference guide to the therapeutic uses of botulinum neurotoxin
Containing detailed injection instructions, Botulinum Neurotoxin for Head and Neck Disorders and the associated how-to videos offer otolaryngologists, neurologists, pain specialists, and others a complete guide to the management of motor, sensory and autonomic disorders of the head and neck region with botulinum neurotoxin. It covers treatment methods for conditions ranging from hyperfunctional motor disorders (dystonia, tremor, dysphagia), to afferent pain disorders (temporomandibular joint disorder, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia) to autonomic disorders (hypersalivation, Frey’s syndrome). In each of the indications, the written material reviews the effects of the toxin on the nervous system, central pain thresholds, and central motor pathways.
Focusing specifically on injection techniques for the therapeutic uses of botulinum neurotoxin for treating head and neck disorders, this manual fills an important gap in the literature. It gives clinicians current, authoritative, and in-depth information on administering botulinum neurotoxin most effectively for the head and neck disorders of their patients.