- Provides critical information relevant to everyday practice, reflecting the way hematology is practiced today.
- Covers basic science only as it relates to clinical practice.
- Utilizes full-color photographs, illustrations, and functional drawings to highlight critical information and difficult concepts.
- Uses consistent, templated chapters to make essential information uncommonly easy to find.
- Offers a unique approach by innovative experts in the field.
- Includes a CD-ROM containing all of the book’s figures, tables, algorithms, and charts all downloadable for PowerPoint® presentations, as well as a comprehensive reference library.
- 1456 pages
- Publisher: Mosby (January 4, 2006)
- Language: English
by Neal S. Young MD (Author), Stanton L. Gerson MD (Author), Katherine A. High MD (Author)
Written by a young, innovative author group, this exciting new book gives you the clinically relevant aspects of hematology in an innovative, unique format. The book is structured to comprehensively cover the complete scope of hematology, but allows fast access to key information you need in everyday practice. A section on consultative hematology includes chapters on special populations (pregnancy, pediatrics, geriatrics), infections of marrow and blood, and hematologic problems of medical practice and surgery. You’ll also find a section on tools for the hematologist, covering clinical aspects of transfusion, transplantation, and the latest innovative laboratory procedures.