Clinical Herbalism: Plant Wisdom from East and West (EPUB)
By Rachel Lord
The only textbook of its kind, Clinical Herbalism: Plant Wisdom from East and West is an ideal resource for anyone interested in herbal therapy. With comprehensive, clearly written coverage of Western and Chinese herbs for each body system, this brand-new text offers case histories, along with easy-to-understand instructions for preparing tinctures, percolations, dual extractions, and much more.
- Integration of Western and Chinese herbal therapeutics presents health challenges from an energetic context, making it especially useful for those with minimal Chinese Medicine training.
- Complete coverage addresses a wide variety of topics, including theory, wildcrafting, apothecary, herbal remedy-making, client interaction, and creating and dispensing formulas.
- Compendium of Western and Chinese herbs covers usages, contraindications, and herb-drug interactions with an emphasis on herbal safety.
- Comparison of Western diseasesand Chinese syndromeshelps pinpoint which herbs and formulas best match a person’s health condition.
- Case histories present specific therapeutic principles and suggested formulas on conditions commonly faced by herbalists.
- Explicit instructions detail how to make salves, lotions, and syrups, plus tinctures, percolations, and dual extractions, including calculations, proportions, and worksheets.
- Functional medicine principles address the root causes of common chronic Western diseases.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (July 9, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 576 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323721761
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323721769
- ISBN-13 : 9780323721769
- eText ISBN: 9780323797030