Curbside Consultation in Endoscopy: 49 Clinical Questions1st Edition
by Joseph Leung Are you looking for concise, practical answers to questions that are often left unanswered by traditional references? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for complicated cases or complications? Curbside Consultation in Endoscopy: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to the thorny questions commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between colleagues.
Dr. Joseph Leung and Dr. Simon Lo have designed this unique reference, which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions and situations commonly encountered in endoscopy. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to therapeutic endoscopy with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Illustrative images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the understanding of endoscopy.
Curbside Consultation in Endoscopy: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert advice that even high-volume clinicians will appreciate. Gastroenterologists, fellows and residents in training, surgical attendings, and surgical residents will all benefit from the user-friendly and casual format and the expert advice contained within.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• You were called by the ER physician regarding a woman who attempted to commit suicide by drinking some “toilet cleaning solution”. There were obvious burns around the mouth and tongue. What would you do next?
• Is there a role for metal stents in benign bile duct strictures? When should I use plastic stents in this setting?
• When Is EUS Necessary for a Newly Diagnosed Cancer of the Esophagus,Stomach, Colon, or Pancreas?
• I have difficulty controlling the direction of a biliary papillotomy. Any tricks to improve the results ?
• What Are the Features that Differentiate a Submucosal Bulge from a True Mass on Capsule Endoscopy? What Can I Do to Confirm a Submucosal Mass?