- Systematic, practice-oriented approach to examination, diagnosis, and treatment
- Step-by-step description of surgical concepts and techniques
- Superbly illustrated with full-colored photographs and drawings
- Focus on those procedures that have been shown to be successful in specific situations
- Discussion of outcomes, success rates, risks, and potential complications; where evidence-based data are not available, expert opinion is provided
- Hardcover: 303 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (June 12, 2019)
- Language: English
- Format: PDF Original & 9 VIDEO MP4 HD
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Payment methods: Visa or master card (Paypal)
Current Concepts of Sleep Apnea Surgery 1st Edition PDF & VIDEO
by Thomas Verse (Editor), Nico de Vries (Editor)
A key new reference dedicated to the surgical management of sleep-disordered breathing…
The importance of unobstructed respiration in sleep, and the long-term risks of sleep apnea, cannot be overemphasized. The therapeutic efficacy of the widely prescribed “gold standard,” CPAP, is compromised by low patient acceptance and compliance.
In light of the limits of CPAP and other forms of conservative therapy (e.g., mandibular advancement devices), there is a growing tendency to explore and expand the role of surgery in the treatment of severe sleep apnea. New insights and developments in pathophysiology, surgical techniques, and implants have opened the way to increased success in treating sleep apnea surgically.
This new work by leading international specialists provides a detailed, evidence-based approach to selected advanced surgical techniques, beginning with patient selection criteria, discussion of indications for and against surgery, choice of procedure (also in combinations), and more.
Current Concepts of Sleep Apnea Surgery will be welcomed by residents, fellows, and board-certified surgeons in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery.