Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education, Sixth Edition (Original PDF)
Long considered the gold standard for evaluation and testing in nursing education, the sixth edition of this classic text provides expert, comprehensive guidance in the assessment of student learning in a wide variety of settings, as well as the evaluation of instructor and program effectiveness. It presents fundamental measurement and evaluation concepts that will aid nurse educators in the design, critique, and use of appropriate tests and evaluation tools. Important social, ethical, and legal issues associated with testing and evaluation also are explored, including the prevention of cheating and academic policies for testing, grading, and progression.
Written by experts in the field of nursing education, Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education features practical advice on the development of test blueprints; creation of all types of test items, including next-generation NCLEX-style items; the assembly, administration, and scoring of tests; test/item analyses and interpretation; evaluation of higher levels of learning; assessment of written assignments; and suggestions for creating tests in online courses and programs. An entire section is devoted to clinical evaluation processes and methods, including the use of simulation for assessment and high-stakes evaluation, clinical evaluation in distance settings, and the use of technology for remote evaluation of clinical performance. The text meets the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator Competency #3: Use Assessment and Evaluation Strategies.
NEW TO THE SIXTH EDITION:
- Expanded coverage of test item analysis and interpretation
- Expanded coverage of clinical evaluation processes and methods
- Guidance on how to work with part-time clinical educators and preceptors to ensure that evaluation processes are followed consistently
- Expanded content on the construction and administration of online tests
- Tips for adapting test bank items and other item-writing resources
- Guidelines for the design of academic policies for academic integrity, testing, grading, and progression
- Describes how to develop test blueprints and assemble, administer, write, and analyze tests
- Provides guidelines for the selection of standardized tests for a nursing curriculum
- Details how to evaluate written assignments with sample scoring rubrics
- Includes a robust ancillary package: Instructor’s Manual (with sample syllabus, course modules, learning activities, discussion questions, assessment strategies, and online resources) and chapter PowerPoint slides Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers