Functional Medicine, An Issue of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America (Volume 33-3) (The Clinics: Internal Medicine, Volume 33-3) (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Elizabeth P. Bradley MD MS
In this issue of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics, guest editor Dr. Elizabeth Bradley brings her considerable expertise to the topic of Functional Medicine. Functional medicine offers a holistic, patient-centered approach that focuses on identifying and addressing the root cause of disease. It encourages patients to take an active role in their health and physicians to look beyond the symptoms at the larger picture. In this issue, top experts provide state-of-the-art coverage of a wide variety of topics, including food sensitivities, mold and chronic diseases, frequency-specific microcurrent (FSM); community outreach and functional medicine, and more.
- Contains 11 practice-oriented topics including food as medicine; women’s health, diet and functional medicine; Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS); fasting mimicking diet, longevity and its relationship to chronic diseases; environmental medicine: exploring the pollutome for solutions to chronic diseases; and more.
- Provides in-depth clinical reviews on functional medicine, offering actionable insights for clinical practice.
- Presents the latest information on this timely, focused topic under the leadership of experienced editors in the field. Authors synthesize and distill the latest research and practice guidelines to create clinically significant, topic-based reviews.
- Publisher : Elsevier (September 8, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323897029
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323897020
- ISBN-13 : 9780323897020
- eText ISBN: 9780323897037