Fundamentals of Drug Development 2022 Epub+ converted pdf
Enables readers to understand the process of pharmaceutical research, its regulatory basis, and how it fits into the global healthcare environment
This book discusses how to conduct pharmaceutical research and the context for how the industry fits into global healthcare. Holistically, the well-qualified author helps readers and students of drug development appreciate the time and expense of the process. Specifically, the work identifies the emerging trends shaping the future of drug development, along with important related topics like generic drugs, data sharing, and collaboration.
To aid in seamless reader comprehension, the book includes a glossary of terms and a self-assessment quiz for each chapter at the end. PowerPoint slides are also available as an online ancillary for adopting professors. Sample topics covered in the book include:
- Drug development and its phases
- Decision-making processes, drug development milestones, and compound progression metrics
- The various disciplines involved along with an assessment of the complexity and risks associated across the stages of development
- Differences in the nature and scope of development programs due to the therapeutic area of interest
- Associated costs and resources required
Graduate students and professors teaching courses in drug development, drug discovery, pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemistry, and drug synthesis will be able to use this book as a complete resource for understanding all the complexities and nuances involved in the drug development process.