Gahart’s 2021 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 37ed (Original PDF)
The essential information you need to safely administer more than 400 intravenous drugs! For over 45 years, Gahart’s 2021 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals has been a trusted resource for comprehensive drug coverage, unparalleled accuracy, and an intuitive quick-access format. In addition to updated drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and patient teaching instructions for all existing IV drugs, this new 37th edition includes more than a dozen new monographs of the most recent IV drugs to be approved by the FDA. Administering intravenous drugs is a critical task ― inaccurate or out-of-date information is not an option. Known as the #1 IV drug handbook on the market, Gahart’s annual publication, with its history of impeccable accuracy, gives you the extra confidence and guidance you need to safely and effectively treat patients.
- Monographs on more than 400 IV drugs
- offers an impressive breadth of coverage that goes well beyond any comparable drug reference.
- Updated annual publication prevents you from referencing outdated information.
- Additional drug monographs are housed on the companion Evolve website.
- A 45-year history of impeccable accuracy reinforces the importance of safe IV drug administration.
- The perfect depth of information equips you with everything that is needed by today’s clinicians for safe administration of IV drugs ― nothing more, nothing less.
- Proven, clinically optimized format keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- Highlighted Black Box Warnings and relevant content make locating critical information fast and easy.
- Special circumstances in blue-screened text call attention to important circumstances that may not warrant Black Box Warnings.
- Life stage dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
- Dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential clinical information.
- Convenient, alphabetical format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing you to find any drug in seconds.
- NEW! Drug monographs for 19 newly approved drugs by the FDA
- provides you with the most current drug information.
- Updates on drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and more have been made throughout the guide to reflect all changes to existing medications.