General Surgery Qualifying Board Review Course
Head & Neck
Surgical Critical Care
- List the epidemiology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, and clinical presentations of disease
- Apply diagnostic evaluation, including appropriate use of radiologic imaging
- Assess indications for surgical and non-surgical treatment
- Describe surgical management, including wound healing, immunology, infection, antibiotic usage, fluid management, shock and resuscitation, metabolism, and use of enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Summarize preoperative, operative and postoperative care, including management of comorbidities and complications
- Identify minimally invasive surgical procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, including basic and advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education and American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies, LLC. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Online Course v9.1: Release Date April 29, 2016, Termination Date April 29, 2019:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 49.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 49.5 Self-Assessment Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Live Course v10.1, May 16, 2018:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates the live format for this educational activity for a maximum of 44.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
There are no reviews yet.