Guidelines for Perinatal Care, 8th Edition (PDF)
The gold-standard guide from the AAP and ACOG — newly updated and more valuable than ever!
- New section on suggested levels of maternal care from birth centers to Level IV institutions
- New sections on screening for preterm delivery risk added to chapter on antepartum care
- New topics covered include the timing of cord clamping, the need (or not) for bedrest, and updates in hypertension
- Guidance regarding postpartum contraception recommendations has been expanded
- New section on mosquito-borne illnesses (including Zika)
- New section on infections with high-risk infection control issues
- Updated recommendations on neonatal resuscitation, screening and management of hyperbilirubinemia, and neonatal drug withdrawal.