- Principles of Motor Learning and Their Application to Treatment of CAS (Chapter 4)
- Evidence-Based Treatment Programs for Children with CAS (Chapter 10)
- Supporting the Needs of Older Children with Ongoing Communicative Challenges (Chapter 15)
- Using Apps with Children with CAS (Chapter 21)
- Developing Meaningful Goals for Children with CAS (Chapter 23)
- Series: Here’s How Series
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing, Inc.; 2 edition (September 30, 2015)
- Language: English
Here’s How to Treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Second Edition (Here’s How Series) 2nd Edition
The book is divided into three parts. Part I defines CAS, describes those characteristics most commonly associated with CAS, and offers guidelines for conducting a thorough motor speech evaluation to support an accurate differential diagnosis. Part II summarizes the principles of motor learning and provides clear guidance for how these principles can be put into practice when working with children with CAS. Part III addresses specific topics of interest to clinicians and students looking for practical ideas on how to address the multifaceted challenges of children with CAS such as vowels, prosody, expressive language, social language, and incorporating phonological awareness in CAS treatment. Additional recommendations are provided for supporting the needs of children with limited verbal output and older children with ongoing communicative challenges, working with parents, developing treatment plans, and writing meaningful goals and objectives.
Each chapter of this second edition has been updated to incorporate the most current evidence-based information available on CAS. In addition, five new chapters have been added, including:
Here’s How to Treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Second Edition will be of value to students and speech-language pathologists looking for practical, evidence-based recommendations for addressing the diverse needs of children with CAS.
Type : PDF
Payment method: Visa or master card (paypal)
Once the payment is completed, receive the download link in the