Immersive and Augmented Reality in Imaging
This course will introduce the concepts of immersive and augmented reality and demonstrate the current applications of this technology for radiology. Immersive reality and interventional radiology modules that can be viewed on readily available viewers and smartphones will be demonstrated. The application of Dicom images using augmented reality will also be demonstrated.
Learning Outcomes and Lectures
After completing this course, the learner should be able to discuss concepts of immersive reality and augmented reality; describe applications of immersive and augmented reality in radiology education; discuss clinical applications of immersive reality and augmented reality for diagnostic and interventional radiology; describe how to incorporate immersive and augmented reality tools into practice.
- Introduction to Session—R. Uppot
- History, Definitions, Tools and Techniques—E. Siegel
- History, Definitions, Tools and Techniques—V. Gupta
- Seeing is Believing: Current and Future of Augmented Reality in Radiology—J. Courtier
- The Future of Interventional Radiology Training – Technical Notes and Sample Content from a Virtual Reality Training Platform—C. McCarthy
- Clinical Applications of VR/AR for Image-Guided Procedures—R. Uppot
- 3D Rendering, Gesture Recognition, and Haptic Feedback for Simulation of Medical Procedures—G. DeNovi