Introduction to Human Nutrition (The Nutrition Society Textbook) 3rd Edition (Original PDF)
Now in its third edition, the best-selling Introduction to Human Nutrition continues to foster an integrated, broad knowledge of the discipline and presents the fundamental principles of nutrition science in an accessible way. With up-to-date coverage of a range of topics from food composition and dietary reference standards to phytochemicals and contemporary challenges of global food safety, this comprehensive text encourages students to think critically about the many factors and influences of human nutrition and health outcomes.
- Offers a global, multidisciplinary perspective on food and nutrition
- Covers nutrition and metabolism of proteins, lipids, carbohydrates and vitamins and minerals
- Explores new developments in functional foods, supplements and food fortification, and future challenges for nutrition research and practice
- Explains the digestion, absorption, circulatory transport, and cellular uptake of nutrients
- Demonstrates the structure and characteristics of nutrients, and the relationship with disease prevention
A primary text in nutritional science classes worldwide, Introduction to Human Nutrition is a vital resource for students in areas of nutrition, dietetics, and related subjects that involve principles of nutrition science.