Introduction to Orthotics: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach, 5th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Brenda M. Coppard PhD OTR/L FAOTA, Helene Lohman OTD OTR/L FAOTA
Develop the critical thinking skills you need to choose and fit effective orthoses for patients with hand injuries and functional deficits. As a combination workbook/textbook, Introduction to Orthotics, 5th Edition uses reader friendly language to cover the theory, design, and fabrication of orthopedic devices. Ideal for use in the classroom or in the clinical setting, it emphasizes upper extremity versus hand orthoses, with additional coverage of lower extremity orthotics and upper extremity prosthetics, and offers case studies promoting clinical reasoning and problem solving as well as an occupation-based approach. This new edition also demonstrates the fine detail of orthotics and equips you with a repertoire of skills and knowledge related to orthoses.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Updated content, references, grading forms and self-evaluation, and case studies provide students and practitioners with the most current and up-to-date information they need to prepare to serve their clients’ needs.
- Combined textbook/workbook format makes it easier to develop fundamental skills in the theory, design, and fabrication of orthoses
- Numerous case studies in each chapter show how concepts relate to real-life clinical practice.
- How-To videos on the Evolve companion website let students watch the construction of orthotics again and again to increase their proficiency.
- Integration of patient safety addresses this important aspect of patient care.
- Spiral binding lets the book lay flat when opened for convenient use while on the job.
- Self-evaluation forms allow you to analyze personal strengths and weaknesses related to new orthotic intervention techniques.
- Review questions and self-quizzesreinforce your comprehension of the material.
- Laboratory exercisestest your clinical reasoning and technical skills.
- NEW! chapter covering Casting techniques provides guidance regarding current advances.
- NEW! Chapter for Professional Issues Related to Orthotic Provision.
- NEW! Elbow, Forearm, and Shoulder Immobilization Orthoses expands the content that previously only addressed elbow and forearm orthoses to include shoulder immobilization orthoses.
- NEW! Photos and illustrations for pre-fabrication, fitting, and fabrication techniques appear throughout the text.
- NEW! Evidence-based practice charts
- Publisher : Mosby; 5th edition (May 7, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323523617
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323523615
- ISBN-13 : 9780323523615
- eText ISBN: 9780323549707