- Completely revised with hundreds of pages of wholly new coverage
- Extensive discussion of new synthetic cannabinoids and cathinone derivatives
- Expanded coverage of the functional and molecular pharmacology of cocaine and myocardial remodeling
- Expanded discussion of deaths related to prescription medications
- Detailed suggestions on the interpretation of postmortem drug measurements
- Many new high resolution full-color photomicrographs
- Additional, helpful new appendices on standard reference values
- 906 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 5 edition (November 11, 2015)
- Language: English.
Type : PDF
Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse, Fifth Edition 5th Edition PDF
by Steven B. Karch MD (Author), Olaf Drummer (Author)
Written in the same accessible manner as previous editions, the fifth edition of Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse is an essential guide to the pathology, toxicology, and pharmacology of commonly abused drugs. The book focuses on the investigation of drug-related deaths, practical approaches to the detection of drug abuse, and discussions of medical complications associated with each of the abused drugs.
The Fifth Edition Now Features:
Separate chapters are devoted to cocaine, naturally occurring stimulants, synthetic stimulants, hallucinogens, narcotics, anabolic steroids, disassociative anesthetics, solvent abuse, and marijuana. The book also offers detailed information on the origins, history, and production techniques used to make many of these drugs. Updated, revised, and newly illustrated, Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse, Fifth Edition is a must-have reference for research and practice related to drug abuse.
Steven B. Karch also discusses the book in a video on the CRC Press YouTube channel.