Maternal Child Nursing Care in Canada, 3rd Edition 2021 Original PDF
Featuring the most accurate, current, and clinically relevant information available, Perry’s Maternal Child Nursing Care in Canada combines essential maternity and pediatric nursing information in one text. Comprehensive coverage includes promotion of wellness and the care for persons experiencing common health concerns throughout the lifespan, care in childbearing, as well as the health care of children and child development in the context of the family. Health concerns, including physiological dysfunctions and special needs and illnesses, are also featured. This text provides a family-centred care approach that recognizes the importance of collaboration with families when providing care.
- Medication Alerts stress medication safety concerns for better therapeutic management.
- Safety Alerts highlighted and integrated within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Research Focus boxes identify best practices by presenting evidence and how to apply the knowledge learned.
- Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric unit teach you how to provide competent and effective care to pediatric patients with the least amount of physical or psychological stress.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues, supply resources and guidance, and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Clinical reasoning case studies offer you opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and apply knowledge in various settings.
- Cultural Awareness boxes explore beliefs and practices about pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, women’s health concerns, and caring for sick children.
- Evidence-Informed Practice boxes highlight findings that confirm effective practices or that identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Emergency boxes alert you to emergency situations and guide you step-by-step through emergency procedures.
- Family-Centred Care boxes highlight the needs or concerns of families that you should consider in providing family-centred care.
- Guidelines boxes outline nursing procedures in an easy-to-follow format.
- Home Care boxes detail important information that you need to deliver care to patients and families in the home setting.
- Medication Guide boxes include key information about medications used in maternity and newborn care, including their indications, adverse effects, and nursing considerations.
- Patient Teaching boxes assist you in helping patients and families become involved in their own care with optimal outcomes.