by Adrian Becker
Orthodontic Treatment of Impacted Teeth provides its readers with a gold-standard resource to tackle common, complex and multi-factorial clinical scenarios. Rooted firmly in the scientific reality, it also provides a valuable repository of the evidence-base for this subject area.
The third edition of this classic text has been fully revised and updated to reflect the latest advances in research and clinical practice. It discusses recent developments in the periodontal outcome of surgical exposure of impacted teeth, and also incorporates more protocols for routine cases. This enables clinicians to develop their skills in the simpler cases, as well as to improve their understanding of complex and rare presentations. An especially useful chapter looks at failure and impending failure, providing a valuable insight into the real life management of impacted teeth. The author describes how to recognize failure and proposes ways to avoid it, frequently illustrating them with cases from his own clinic.
• Fully revised and updated classic
• Coverage expanded to include protocols for routine, as well as complex cases
• Includes new chapter on extreme tooth displacement and complicating factors
• Provides unparalleled coverage of the evidence base
• Highly illustrated in full colour