Pearls and Pitfalls in Prostate and Pelvic Imaging 2021
This course provides a practical overview and update on clinically relevant topics in prostate and female pelvic imaging. Highlighting cutting-edge MR developments and solutions for implementing a robust clinical prostate program, practical tips will be given on optimizing MR protocols for the pelvis, reducing imaging artifacts, use of PI-RADS v2.1 for prostate imaging, focal treatment techniques, and MR-Transrectal Ultrasound fusion biopsy techniques.
Earn credit at your own pace through October 31, 2024 and continue to access your videos until November 1, 2031. See below for learning outcomes and a list of modules and individual lectures.
This course package offers 8 CME and SA-CME Credits following completion of an online assessment.
Video content for this Online Course will be available to view until November 1, 2031, which is ten years following the issuance date of this course. ARRS reserves the right to remove video content before the end of the ten year period. Video content that contradicts current science or misleads the viewer based on changes to accepted clinical practice may be removed on a case-by-case basis.
Learning Outcomes and Lectures
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss a consistent and practical approach to prostate MRI interpretation.
- Distinguish between significant and insignificant prostate cancers and clinical outcomes.
- Describe the most commonly used components of a multiparametric prostate MRI exam.
- Outline rapidly evolving options for targeted biopsy and focal treatment options.
- Analyze the wide range of clinical settings where MRI can be a powerful diagnostic tool: screening, active surveillance, staging, recurrence identification, treatment planning, treatment response evaluation.
Module 1—Multiparametric Prostate MRI
- Prostate Cancer Backrground: Epidemiology and Pathology—Abhinav Sidana, MD
- Prostate MRI: Anatomy and Staging—Sadhna Verma, MD
- Diffusion Weighted Imaging: Tricks to Optimize This Technique—Jeffrey Weinreb, MD
- Case based PI-RADS V2.1 Interpretation—Daniel Margolis, MD
Module 2—Practical Approaches to mp-MRI
- Tips and Pitfalls in Prostate MRI—Rajan Gupta, MD
- Risk Assessment of Prostate Cancer—Clare Tempany, MD
- Active Surveillance—Jeffrey Weinreb, MD
Module 3—Targeted Prostate Biopsy and Treatment
- Targeted Prostate Biopsy Techniques—Daniel Margolis, MD
- Emerging Focal Therapies in Prostate Cancer—Sadhna Verma, MD
- Optimal Imaging for Prostate Cancer Recurrence—Clare Tempany, MD
Module 4—Biopsy Case Review
- Biopsy Case Review—Silvia Chang, MD
Module 5—Optimizing Pelvic Imaging Techniques
- Artifacts and Pitfalls in MR Imaging of the Pelvis—Mukesh Harisinghani, MD
- Abbreviated Pelvic MR Protocols—Mukesh Harisinghani, MD
Module 6—Women’s Imaging
- Ultrasound and MRI of Uterine Masses—Elizabeth Sadowski, MD
- Imaging of Endometrial and Cervical Cancer: What Your Gynecologist Wants You to Know—Elizabeth Sadowski, MD