Pharmaceutical Dissolution Testing, Bioavailability, and Bioequivalence: Science, Applications, and Beyond 2022 Original pdf
In Pharmaceutical Dissolution Testing, Bioavailability, and Bioequivalence: Science, Applications, and Beyond, distinguished pharmaceutical advisor and consultant Dr. Umesh Banakar delivers a comprehensive and up-to-date reference covering the established and emerging roles of dissolution testing in pharmaceutical drug development.
After discussing the fundamentals of the subject, the included resources go on to explore common testing practices and methods, along with their associated challenges and issues, in the drug development life cycle.
Over 19 chapters and 1100 references allow practicing scientists to fully understand the role of dissolution, apart from mere quality control. Readers will discover a wide range of topics, including automation, generic and biosimilar drug development, patents, and clinical safety.
This volume offers a one-stop resource for information otherwise scattered amongst several different regulatory regimes. It also includes:
- A thorough introduction to the fundamentals and essential applications of pharmaceutical dissolution testing
- Comprehensive explorations of the foundations and drug development applications of bioavailability and bioequivalence
- Practical discussions about solubility, dissolution, permeability, and classification systems in drug development
- In-depth examinations of the mechanics of dissolution, including mathematical models and simulations
- An elaborate assessment of biophysiologically relevant dissolution testing and IVIVCs, and their unique applications
- A complete understanding of the methods, requirements, and global regulatory expectations pertaining to dissolution testing of generic drug products