- In-depth discussions of polysomnographic technology in the clinical evaluation, physiological monitoring and testing, instrumentation, diagnosis, infection control, management and prevention of a wide spectrum of sleep-related disorders and daytime alertness offers comprehensive coverage of polysomnography technology.
- Expert content written by the same authors who were instrumental in producing a standardized model curriculum outline.
- Unique sequential approach builds concepts over time and simplifies the material’s complexity.
- Over 150 full-color graphs, charts, and illustrations supply visual guidance.
- End-of-chapter review questions help you assess your knowledge and prepare for certification as a sleep technologist.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms and a bulleted chapter summary supplies a standard format to help you identify and focus on key content.
The only sleep technology text written by experienced polysomnography educators, Polysomnography for the Sleep Technologist: Instrumentation, Monitoring, and Related Procedures covers the procedural knowledge you need to understand sleep studies. A sequential learning model systematically covers electronics, instrumentation, recording parameters, data acquisition, ancillary equipment, troubleshooting, recording quality, infection control, basic positive pressure therapy, and cardiopulmonary monitoring and intervention essential to polysomnography.