- Item Weight : 2.4 pounds
- Hardcover : 502 pages
- Format: Original Publisher PDF.
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Symptom Sorter 6th Edition PDF
‘…approaches the consultation intuitively … The book oozes with patience for the patient and for the reader. What better prescription for the clinic could the practitioner need?’
Glycosmedia (of the Fifth Edition)
‘… this is a book worth having available at the point of care for health professionals, including doctors, nurses, undergraduates and postgraduates, to help them make sense of common symptoms. With the help of the authors’ opinions in combination with our own experience we should then be able to make better clinical decisions.’
Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal (of the Fourth Edition)
Across its six editions, Symptom Sorter has excelled in redressing the balance between symptoms and diagnoses to become the essential handbook to accompany the consultation in primary care.
Presenting a multitude of symptoms commonly encountered in primary care, these are meticulously explored using the red flags, top tips and ready reckoner format for sorting symptoms that have made previous editions so popular and respected. This revised and updated sixth edition includes several new chapters and features expanded coverage of paediatric symptoms.
· Fully updated, with ‘investigations’ sections amended in line with latest guidelines and significant revisions throughout
· Brand new chapters on acute abdominal pain in childhood, hand and wrist swellings, diarrhoea in children, loin pain, rectal bleeding in children, vomiting in babies, skinfold rash and dysuria
· Consistent and logical presentation enables speedy access
· Replicates accurately the experience in the consultation or clinic
An invaluable reference for all general practitioners, especially GP trainers and registrars, this new edition of Symptom Sorter is also highly recommended for advanced nurse practitioners, A&E nurses and pharmacists requiring a concise, easy-to-use guide.
Keith Hopcroft is a GP in Basildon, Essex, UK, an associate trainer, an editorial adviser to Pulse, and a medical writer and columnist.
Vincent Forte is a former GP based in Norfolk, UK