- Numerous figures, tables and diagrams elucidate the text
- Chapters include case examples
- List of data research reports provided at end of each chapter
- NEW material on Prescription Drug Abuse, Club Drugs, Nursing Roles in Addressing Addiction, Conceptual and Treatment Issues in Behavioral Addictions, Rehabilitation Approaches to Pain Management, Comorbid Pain and Addiction, Pharmacotherapy for Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders, Preventing and Treating Substance Use Disorders in Military Personnel, and more.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search feature pulls results from your notes, everything in the book, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Ability to highlight text for easier reference of key content
- Ability to share notes with friends and colleagues
- Ability to save your favorite content for future, quick reference
- Interactive question bank with more than 300 questions
In the midst of an addiction epidemic, this newly updated edition of The American Society of Addiction Medicine Principles of Addiction Medicine, 5th edition is the sought-after text every addiction researcher and care provider needs. This comprehensive reference text dedicates itself to both the science and treatment of addiction. You’ll receive a thorough grounding in both the scientific principles behind the causes of addiction and the practical aspects of clinical care.
Chapters are written by recognized experts, covering areas such as the basic science of addiction medicine; diagnosis, assessment and early intervention; pharmacologic and behavioral interventions; mutual help and twelve-step; and co-occurring addiction, medical and psychiatric disorders—backed by the latest research data and successful treatment methods.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to: