Ultrasound for Primary Care (ePub and CONVERTED PDF)
Master high-yield point-of-care ultrasound applications that are targeted specifically to answer questions that arise commonly in the outpatient clinic! Written for primary care providers in Family Medicine, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Ultrasound for Primary Care is a practical, easy-to-read guide. Learn to incorporate ultrasound to augment your physical exam for evaluation of thyroid nodules, enlarged lymph nodes, pericardial effusion, chronic kidney disease, and a host of musculoskeletal issues, and much more. Additionally, included are chapters on ultrasound for guidance of procedures including joint injections, lumbar puncture and needle biopsy, to name a few. Well-illustrated and highly templated, this unique title helps you expand the scope of your practice and provide more effective patient care.
- Puts key concepts in the perspective of common questions that arise in primary care with case-based clinical vignettes that exemplify the situations in which these questions arise
- Presents information in highly templated chapters that provide a clinical vignette, review of the evidence, description of protocol, illustrations, ultrasound view of anatomy, pearls and pitfalls, algorithms, billing codes, and more.
- Features additional chapters on procedures, covering Musculoskeletal Aspirations and Injections, Central Line Placement, Thoracentesis, Core Needle Biopsy, and many more.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.