- Alan L. Desmond
- Expanded and updated coverage of the disorders which cause dizziness, vertigo or imbalance
- Extended review of specific disorders with need-to-know information about retrocochlear pathology and auditory asymmetry
- A new chapter on falls prevention, and updated coverage featuring expert opinions on pediatric and neurological perspectives
- Updated appendices of essential reference material and practice resources
- 304 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 2 edition (April 20, 2011)
- Language: English
- Type : PDF . NVA , Epub
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Payment methods: Visa or master card (Paypal)
Vestibular Function: Clinical and Practice Management 2nd Edition
In an updated and expanded Second Edition, this essential text continues to provide a dynamic introduction to dizziness and balance disorders, and a thorough discussion of the tenets of managing a balance clinic. Vestibular Function: Clinical and Practice Management begins with comprehensive advice on the function and dysfunction of the vestibular system, and how to perform a vestibular evaluation. In the following chapters, the author provides insight on the prevention of falls, and the treatment of vestibular dysfunction. In his expert discussion of the practical aspects involved in establishing, equipping and operating a balance clinic, Dr.Desmond includes his own unique perspective on staffing needs and marketing and financial considerations.
New to this edition:
This hands-on guide is an ideal overview for beginning audiologists, as well as a useful reference for already-practicing audiologists, otolaryngologists, neurologists, physical therapists, and emergency department physicians working in this challenging field.