Wilkins’ Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care, 8th Edition 2017 Original PDF
Wilkin’s Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care, 8th Edition, is the world-leading respiratory care text devoted exclusively to patient assessment. This comprehensive book prepares you to assist physicians in the decision-making process regarding treatment, evaluation of the treatment’s effectiveness, and determining if changes in the treatment need to be made. Written by Dr. Albert Heuer, and Dr. Craig Scanlan, it emphasizes learning objectives through well-organized need-to-know information and tips. Plus, this streamlined edition helps you focus on key content and prepare for the CRT credentialing exam by aligning material within the book to the NBRC exam matrices.
- Case studies offer real-life clinical scenarios challenging you to interpret data and make accurate patient assessments.
- Questions to Ask boxes identify what practitioners should ask patients (i.e., coughing, sputum, shortness of breath) or questions to ask themselves on various subjects (i.e., lung sounds they are hearing, blood pressure, respiratory rate) in order to provide effective patient care.
- Learning objectives, chapter outlines, chapter overviews, and key terms lists in each chapter, help you focus on key content.
- Key Point summaries emphasize the learning objectives and provide an overview of important material.
- Simply Stated boxes highlight and promote understanding of important concepts.
- A comprehensive approach provides you with the important information you need to know in order to effectively assess patients.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content reflects the most recent changes to the NBRC exam.
- NEW! Inclusion of the latest technological advancements relates to the assessment of critical care and non-critical care patients.
- NEW! Full-color design enhances learning and understanding by making key concepts easy to find.